31 December 2007

Plumbing catalog


I picked up this small catalog of household plumbing fixtures in Fall 2003 shortly after I bought my 1918 fixer-upper bungalow.

The catalog represents a phase of my hunting old house parts catalogs -- partly looking for inspiration for my renovations and restoration. Mostly, I think I was just charmed by the illustrations of domestic bliss.



The catalog isn't dated, but it appears to be late 1920s or early 1930s from the looks of the fixtures featured inside. Too late and far too fancy for my modest little house, but still a great resource for early 20th century American bathroom design.

See more catalog pages on Flickr






1 comment:

Jen O said...

my folks have a late 1930's house in tacoma, washington, and that is their bathtub and sink.
the tub and sink are mint green and the tiled walls have green and lavander with yellow trim.
it was fun to see these original ads!