05 April 2008

Betsy McCall


Betsy McCall goes to school
Originally uploaded by cluttershop

McCall's magazines were one of the first things I hunted in antique stores. I knew the Betsy McCall paper doll from the magazines my mom bought in the 1970s and 80s. Looking for old magazines with the paper doll page intact became a good way to occupy myself when accompanying my mom and grandmother on their many antiquing excursions.

I still reflexively open all old McCall's magazines I see at flea markets and antique shops. If Betsy's there, the magazine goes into my pile.

Here's to Betsy -- my first proper antiquing fixation.





1 comment:

Welcome to fort & field!... said...

I started collecting Betsy McCall pages after I saw a few pages my mom had picked up. It's so fun to find a new one! Love them! I ran across your flickr collection of paper dolls. Thanks for sharing!